Ghostly Gardeners
"I've never been in here before. We drive by all the time. We live down the road a ways. Wow, I heard about this place. I love it!"
"Thanks, I think it's fun."
She got to browsing the new age book section, and enlightened me to her fire and brimstone roots, and the fear it conjured. I told her about my major brush with a house demon years ago in Texas, and she told me about Marvin, the irritable old ghost that came with her house. She got a little thin when I started to tell her she wasn't alone, I had an old lady I'd seen floating into my room a time or two.
"She's tiny....with shoulder length...."
The customers face looked pale and her mouth was slipping open. I had to ask, "What? You don't look so good."
"Does she have really fuzzy hair? Like wild and really poofs out?"
"Ye-ah....", Now I was starting to fade into a questioning catatonia.
"You don't have any relatives living with you do you? Like a mom or grandma?"
"Nope, never have,"
"Wow, we see her all time. She's ALWAYS gardening, It's weird, like when it was all overgrown..."
"Yeah, I didn't have time for it this year building this store and all."
"She's always working hard, but the garden never changes. We thought, my husband and I, that it was so strange, since she's out there whenever we go by, and she never gets anything done. Why bother? We wave, and she waves back. Who is she?"
"That would be Fiona I'm guessing. I don't know anything about her except she exists and is a nice lady. I've talked to her through divination. German. She started talking to me at first in German. I thought it was gibberish until I made a sale to a German lady on Ebay and had to translate.
..............................................................................................................................................
"This is my husband, I had to bring him in as soon as he got off work. Tell him..."
He went silent, got that waxy look, then filled me in. He was excited, she was excited, and heck, I was grateful that someone else had seen her, two some ones!
Once we started to relax, he chatted about knowing John from O'Sullivans, then asked who the OTHER guy was.
"You know, the one that we always see walking around. Tall like John, but straight backed. Never waves. Just walks around. Ya know, is... he.... alright? Seems a bit off."
"Dresses like John?"
"Yep, that's him, dresses like him but doesn't look like him. Straight backed."
I started to laugh and glaze over in delight, "You've SEEN him? You must be the only people that have seen them, either of 'em! That wasn't related to me anyways. My daughters see them, one of my grandsons has seen them".
"Awe no WAY!...He's not a ghost too?! WOAH!"
"Yee-ah, most definitely. Only me and John live on this place. As you can see, I don't look anything like a little old lady, about two-and-a-half-feet too tall for one. And well, he's hunched. Not straight by a long shot.
................................................................................................................................................
It was such an interesting day. I don't feel quite as crazy as I did the day before. I went to bed happy. But when I got up later on for a drink of water.......it was the twilight zone all over again!
11/3/2006 8:17 PM
word count 541
"Thanks, I think it's fun."
She got to browsing the new age book section, and enlightened me to her fire and brimstone roots, and the fear it conjured. I told her about my major brush with a house demon years ago in Texas, and she told me about Marvin, the irritable old ghost that came with her house. She got a little thin when I started to tell her she wasn't alone, I had an old lady I'd seen floating into my room a time or two.
"She's tiny....with shoulder length...."
The customers face looked pale and her mouth was slipping open. I had to ask, "What? You don't look so good."
"Does she have really fuzzy hair? Like wild and really poofs out?"
"Ye-ah....", Now I was starting to fade into a questioning catatonia.
"You don't have any relatives living with you do you? Like a mom or grandma?"
"Nope, never have,"
"Wow, we see her all time. She's ALWAYS gardening, It's weird, like when it was all overgrown..."
"Yeah, I didn't have time for it this year building this store and all."
"She's always working hard, but the garden never changes. We thought, my husband and I, that it was so strange, since she's out there whenever we go by, and she never gets anything done. Why bother? We wave, and she waves back. Who is she?"
"That would be Fiona I'm guessing. I don't know anything about her except she exists and is a nice lady. I've talked to her through divination. German. She started talking to me at first in German. I thought it was gibberish until I made a sale to a German lady on Ebay and had to translate.
..............................................................................................................................................
"This is my husband, I had to bring him in as soon as he got off work. Tell him..."
He went silent, got that waxy look, then filled me in. He was excited, she was excited, and heck, I was grateful that someone else had seen her, two some ones!
Once we started to relax, he chatted about knowing John from O'Sullivans, then asked who the OTHER guy was.
"You know, the one that we always see walking around. Tall like John, but straight backed. Never waves. Just walks around. Ya know, is... he.... alright? Seems a bit off."
"Dresses like John?"
"Yep, that's him, dresses like him but doesn't look like him. Straight backed."
I started to laugh and glaze over in delight, "You've SEEN him? You must be the only people that have seen them, either of 'em! That wasn't related to me anyways. My daughters see them, one of my grandsons has seen them".
"Awe no WAY!...He's not a ghost too?! WOAH!"
"Yee-ah, most definitely. Only me and John live on this place. As you can see, I don't look anything like a little old lady, about two-and-a-half-feet too tall for one. And well, he's hunched. Not straight by a long shot.
................................................................................................................................................
It was such an interesting day. I don't feel quite as crazy as I did the day before. I went to bed happy. But when I got up later on for a drink of water.......it was the twilight zone all over again!
11/3/2006 8:17 PM
word count 541

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home