Pointing Upward Like a Happy Erecter Set
It was all terminators, verminators and preppie teens. Not a good night for the boob-tube. Got me thinking, I haven't written about anything creepy in a little while, so I am going to share a little otherworldly vision with you.
I sleep like....hardly ever, and a few weeks back I was shifting and twisting, plumping and bitching, just so I could feel like I at least tried to do the normal thing, and sleep. After two flips and a flop I went back to abusing my feather pillow before hammering my head into it's core. Once my cranium was firmly imbedded, I opened my eyes (I don't know about you, but whenever I head-butt anything, I close my eyes), and it being only natural, as I was in the prostate position, I looked up (Oh, and yes, I meant to say that I was pointing upward, like a happy erecter set).
Here's the creepy part.
About three feet above my bed there was a soft glow emanating from a seemingly liquid-ish-y form roughly six-foot wide. It sort of flowed like a thick fluid. It was totally nuclear! I was a little uncomfortable with an unidentified floating object hanging so close to me with my soft under-belly exposed.
I squinted, blinked, looked away, and then back again. It hovered. I double-checked the window for head-lights and the hall for jokester's. A thankful me took note that the thing was of a heavenly shade. Been my experience that the dreadful spirits tend to come in a darker tint and they most definitely lurk, skulk and threaten and some of them even smell bad. This thing just dazzled me. I had my very own miniature Aurora Borealis. I've never actually seen the phenomenon, but I'd guess it looked something like that thing I had there in my room. A churning cloud of moonstone.
I considered talking to it. Only thing that came to mind was a tired B movie line, I come in peace...dude.
I almost laughed at the thought of the moronic response to my celestial visitor. I thought about getting up and going to get John, but that would have meant dipping my head into the cloud in question. My luck, it would turn out to be it's southern orifice. So I considered the moment a tad longer as it rippled and rolled. It didn't seem to really be doing anything except existing, and I couldn't think of anything intelligent to say to the pretty blob, so I just did a Weber. He's famous for his single syllable lectures. I blurted out a single syllable, loud and clear. Given the whole head up it's deep south possibility, I just yelled, John! as clearly as I could.
My beauteous glowie thingy dissipated.
The snoring across the hall didn't miss a beat. I was totally wide awake and still not sure about standing up. After all, what if the thing was still there, only I couldn't see it on account of it slipping dimensions or something, and I go and put my head up it's anal cavity? I missed the opportunity of procuring a witness to the whole strangeness of the situation, so I had to think about it a lot before I did open mouth and insert foot. I knew he'd just put another notch in that cuckoo clock with my name on it if I confided in him, unfortunately, I was getting real tired of making myself hear the story over and over again and was desperate for a fresh audience.
His curiosity was peaked, as I slept with the light on for a couple weeks, carried a flashlight always, and started displaying a varied array of neurosis, so I spilled. I felt like I should tell him why. Somehow, explaining it didn't help.
I tend to act now and respond irrationally later. Guess that's why I wasn't really frightened until it was gone. Frightened isn't really a good choice of words, surprised in an undefinable way, is more like it.
Basically, everything is back to normal. John's in the dark, I'm awake at an unnatural hour and I don't have any UFO's in my bedroom...unless you count socks and goose down.
8/19/2005 1:59 AM
word count 685
I sleep like....hardly ever, and a few weeks back I was shifting and twisting, plumping and bitching, just so I could feel like I at least tried to do the normal thing, and sleep. After two flips and a flop I went back to abusing my feather pillow before hammering my head into it's core. Once my cranium was firmly imbedded, I opened my eyes (I don't know about you, but whenever I head-butt anything, I close my eyes), and it being only natural, as I was in the prostate position, I looked up (Oh, and yes, I meant to say that I was pointing upward, like a happy erecter set).
Here's the creepy part.
About three feet above my bed there was a soft glow emanating from a seemingly liquid-ish-y form roughly six-foot wide. It sort of flowed like a thick fluid. It was totally nuclear! I was a little uncomfortable with an unidentified floating object hanging so close to me with my soft under-belly exposed.
I squinted, blinked, looked away, and then back again. It hovered. I double-checked the window for head-lights and the hall for jokester's. A thankful me took note that the thing was of a heavenly shade. Been my experience that the dreadful spirits tend to come in a darker tint and they most definitely lurk, skulk and threaten and some of them even smell bad. This thing just dazzled me. I had my very own miniature Aurora Borealis. I've never actually seen the phenomenon, but I'd guess it looked something like that thing I had there in my room. A churning cloud of moonstone.
I considered talking to it. Only thing that came to mind was a tired B movie line, I come in peace...dude.
I almost laughed at the thought of the moronic response to my celestial visitor. I thought about getting up and going to get John, but that would have meant dipping my head into the cloud in question. My luck, it would turn out to be it's southern orifice. So I considered the moment a tad longer as it rippled and rolled. It didn't seem to really be doing anything except existing, and I couldn't think of anything intelligent to say to the pretty blob, so I just did a Weber. He's famous for his single syllable lectures. I blurted out a single syllable, loud and clear. Given the whole head up it's deep south possibility, I just yelled, John! as clearly as I could.
My beauteous glowie thingy dissipated.
The snoring across the hall didn't miss a beat. I was totally wide awake and still not sure about standing up. After all, what if the thing was still there, only I couldn't see it on account of it slipping dimensions or something, and I go and put my head up it's anal cavity? I missed the opportunity of procuring a witness to the whole strangeness of the situation, so I had to think about it a lot before I did open mouth and insert foot. I knew he'd just put another notch in that cuckoo clock with my name on it if I confided in him, unfortunately, I was getting real tired of making myself hear the story over and over again and was desperate for a fresh audience.
His curiosity was peaked, as I slept with the light on for a couple weeks, carried a flashlight always, and started displaying a varied array of neurosis, so I spilled. I felt like I should tell him why. Somehow, explaining it didn't help.
I tend to act now and respond irrationally later. Guess that's why I wasn't really frightened until it was gone. Frightened isn't really a good choice of words, surprised in an undefinable way, is more like it.
Basically, everything is back to normal. John's in the dark, I'm awake at an unnatural hour and I don't have any UFO's in my bedroom...unless you count socks and goose down.
8/19/2005 1:59 AM
word count 685

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home