EVP's and House Faeries?
I was crazy tired, flipping and fluffing, the bed squeaking and squawking. I finally felt myself slipping into the first stages of relaxation, my goal of sleep was looking hopeful. I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye. A dark figure about a foot long, of heavy body mass came from the opposite corner of the room high up, hugging the wall then it dipped down and headed right at me, the whir of beating wings breezed close by my ear, sending loose strands of hair tickling my face and a loud shrieking laugh that belonged to a very tiny personage rode up and into the corner it originated from and disappeared. Naturally, I ducked and threw up my arms in anticipation of contact, so it took me a minute to get my hands underneath me so I could rise and flick on the light.
As expected, there was nothing there, but the sound of that laughing and the beating wings lingered in my ears. I couldn't decide if it was evil or just a teeny-tiny, incredibly jolly, slightly wicked, mischievous carrying on. I wanted to think I was asleep and only thinking I was awake, but the chill and the slight breeze I rose into said different. My mind reenacted the event. I remembered the dark thing that looked like something was riding it, the tiny stars of light hitting it from the night-light in the bathroom. Was it eyes? Too many, maybe some of them were, but what about the ones on the chest of the flying escapee from a Brian Froud book? And that laugh, it was having a grand time scaring this big, lumbering beast. And where the heck did it go if it was really there?
Earlier in the day I had been studying my sound files. You see, it finally occurred to me that on the night I had that unique visitation I wrote about a few entries ago, I was naturally unable to close my eyes, so I fetched my digital camera and recorder and went back to my bed. After all, I was awake, a little edgy...and after staring at the ceiling from the hall for a few minutes in contemplation of my situation I decided I wasn't going to be chased from my room. After snapping a sequence of shots of my room and the whole upstairs of the house, I settled in and employed the line of questioning I've seen on the ghost hunter shows. Then asked (in case I was still in company) if I could go to sleep as I was really-really tired and out of ideas.
We've been very busy around here with all the building and work and all and I never got around to enough quiet time to myself to review my data. I did it yesterday and boy was I surprised and totally creeped out. I kept rerunning the eerie parts simply because I needed to come up with rational explanations for what I found. I came up dry. There's no explaining away what lurked.
I scrutinized my photos and the only thing I found was an orb on my ceiling where my mystery guest materialized. I've heard oodles of answers for those, but when coupled with my recording...no way. Throughout my voice clips, there is a distinct male voice. He said only one thing, repeatedly. The magic word was, dark. He whispered it several times. There was also this loud hollow sound halfway through the file. Like a moaning ship hull. It only occurred once.
After that I began with the very first sample recording I made when I received my cool little voice trap in the mail. It was mid-afternoon, no contraptions were running and I sat cross-legged in my easy-chair while watching the cattle graze out the front window. I said dumb things like, testing-testing, I want to see how good this works...yak-yak-yak. I wasn't ready for what I heard. There were other voices. Right then and there I decided it was much too late at night for me to be frightening myself with otherworldly revelations. I shut down the program and blogged about other stuff. I don't like to dwell on unsettling things before bed.
When I was cleaning that dungeon of a room of mine today, I glanced up, in the corner in question and it hit me...there, perched on the highest shelf near the corner was a graphic of a faerie riding a dragon. Interesting.
So, I didn't get much sleep...again. I'm attributing it to house-faeries and their steeds. They made it perfectly clear that they do in fact reside in this domicile. That's what I get for telling someone earlier that my faerie episodes could actually be attributed to the apparent leakage of the wayward dimensional doorway I seem to have in my bedroom. That it could in fact just be the spectral guests knocking things about and losing things, that the fae may be entirely innocent.
So from now on I will give credit where it is due. You can count it. That is... if I can figure out who exactly the culprit is.
This tiny little farm house sure is getting crowded!
9/3/2005 1:16 AM
word count 864
As expected, there was nothing there, but the sound of that laughing and the beating wings lingered in my ears. I couldn't decide if it was evil or just a teeny-tiny, incredibly jolly, slightly wicked, mischievous carrying on. I wanted to think I was asleep and only thinking I was awake, but the chill and the slight breeze I rose into said different. My mind reenacted the event. I remembered the dark thing that looked like something was riding it, the tiny stars of light hitting it from the night-light in the bathroom. Was it eyes? Too many, maybe some of them were, but what about the ones on the chest of the flying escapee from a Brian Froud book? And that laugh, it was having a grand time scaring this big, lumbering beast. And where the heck did it go if it was really there?
Earlier in the day I had been studying my sound files. You see, it finally occurred to me that on the night I had that unique visitation I wrote about a few entries ago, I was naturally unable to close my eyes, so I fetched my digital camera and recorder and went back to my bed. After all, I was awake, a little edgy...and after staring at the ceiling from the hall for a few minutes in contemplation of my situation I decided I wasn't going to be chased from my room. After snapping a sequence of shots of my room and the whole upstairs of the house, I settled in and employed the line of questioning I've seen on the ghost hunter shows. Then asked (in case I was still in company) if I could go to sleep as I was really-really tired and out of ideas.
We've been very busy around here with all the building and work and all and I never got around to enough quiet time to myself to review my data. I did it yesterday and boy was I surprised and totally creeped out. I kept rerunning the eerie parts simply because I needed to come up with rational explanations for what I found. I came up dry. There's no explaining away what lurked.
I scrutinized my photos and the only thing I found was an orb on my ceiling where my mystery guest materialized. I've heard oodles of answers for those, but when coupled with my recording...no way. Throughout my voice clips, there is a distinct male voice. He said only one thing, repeatedly. The magic word was, dark. He whispered it several times. There was also this loud hollow sound halfway through the file. Like a moaning ship hull. It only occurred once.
After that I began with the very first sample recording I made when I received my cool little voice trap in the mail. It was mid-afternoon, no contraptions were running and I sat cross-legged in my easy-chair while watching the cattle graze out the front window. I said dumb things like, testing-testing, I want to see how good this works...yak-yak-yak. I wasn't ready for what I heard. There were other voices. Right then and there I decided it was much too late at night for me to be frightening myself with otherworldly revelations. I shut down the program and blogged about other stuff. I don't like to dwell on unsettling things before bed.
When I was cleaning that dungeon of a room of mine today, I glanced up, in the corner in question and it hit me...there, perched on the highest shelf near the corner was a graphic of a faerie riding a dragon. Interesting.
So, I didn't get much sleep...again. I'm attributing it to house-faeries and their steeds. They made it perfectly clear that they do in fact reside in this domicile. That's what I get for telling someone earlier that my faerie episodes could actually be attributed to the apparent leakage of the wayward dimensional doorway I seem to have in my bedroom. That it could in fact just be the spectral guests knocking things about and losing things, that the fae may be entirely innocent.
So from now on I will give credit where it is due. You can count it. That is... if I can figure out who exactly the culprit is.
This tiny little farm house sure is getting crowded!
9/3/2005 1:16 AM
word count 864

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home