Monday, May 15, 2006

I Earn, I Save, I Buy, I Get Robbed...Again

It's amazing how much stuff can be crammed into a small farm house basement. I've been accumulating for years. It was my way of softening the last huge loss. I know it was years ago, but still, it was my junk, and I felt robbed. Okay, so I actually was robbed...literally...again.

The last thirty years have almost been like a hamster race...in a little wire wheel. Going round and round and never getting anywhere. I earn, I save, I buy, I get robbed. In that order.
Usually, the culprit is someone I know, like an ex-husband or something. However, since I arrived in Missouri, it's been a no-holds-barred kind of struggle to maintain a grip on my cherished rubbish. So basically, I've had a few generations of fresh new garbage to call my own... until someone else takes a liking to it and decides to usurp my world.

It'll be a little harder on the next dill-weed that thinks my stuff looks inviting. I've been installing a security system. So far, the modules are chiming like a dream, but the video leaves me scratching my massive head of blonde hair in confusion. That tells me it's time to take a break from it, walk away, and do something else for a day or so, until my subconscious sorts it out and the answer presents itself. So I'll get back to drafting my articles of incorporation, activate my EFTPS with the IRS, and maybe program some prices into the system. Awe, nothing like a little downtime to refresh.

Even that most recent accumulation had it's ups and downs. You know, add to the collection a lot, someone steals a little, so you find some more stuff to replace it, plus some extra...cause you deserve it. It's a vicious cycle, a little beyond my means. What better reason to find a way off Disability? I had to start a corporation. The thieves have become more demanding. Heck, when the power tools were stolen from the unfinished store-front, they actually left a wish-list where the generator had stood!

5/16/2006 0:4 AM
word count 344

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home