Re-organization Can be a Good Thing
Organization was the job of the day. Actually, re-organization...not like in bankruptcy, but as in I-made-a-mess-yesterday-unpacking-and it-needed-cleaned. It took all day, but it's spiffy, and ready to be messed up all over again tomorrow when I get some volunteer help moving things in again.
I shimmied along to Alanis Morrisette as two petite teens stopped in for a look and a query. I took one look at them and assured them that Destiny will be stocking their size in all the latest name brands. They took a lustful peek at the jewelry counter and I knew they were hooked. That makes fifty-billion future patrons that have inquired. It's amazing we get anything done down there.
When I took those business classes and told the class of my plans, some irritable Mennonites guffawed me. I don't know what it is about floral prints that makes a person look down their nose at new ideas, especially if they are all wrapped up in tight blue jeans and long blond hair.
"You're in the middle of nowhere!" one said as she scowled and tried to find fault in my business savvy.
She sells baked goods and eggs. Sounded like work to me.
I grinned and said, "Yep, smack dab between ALL the somewhere's within 25 miles and on the main highway to the most popular recreation area in Southwestern Missouri, Stockton Lake. We get heavy traffic. It will be a lucrative corner. It has proven itself in the past on trial runs".
I was not the most popular student. Okay, maybe the professor liked me. They usually do. My peers, on the other hand find me irritating. I am a quirky mix of Mid-life Barbie, Sabrina Valley-girl-style, and Albert Einstein...minus the mustache.
Can you imagine how they would have reacted if I told them I was opening a Metaphysical Flea Market? Makes me shiver at the thought of all that readily available kindling on my farm.
5/10/2006 0:9 AM
word count 319
I shimmied along to Alanis Morrisette as two petite teens stopped in for a look and a query. I took one look at them and assured them that Destiny will be stocking their size in all the latest name brands. They took a lustful peek at the jewelry counter and I knew they were hooked. That makes fifty-billion future patrons that have inquired. It's amazing we get anything done down there.
When I took those business classes and told the class of my plans, some irritable Mennonites guffawed me. I don't know what it is about floral prints that makes a person look down their nose at new ideas, especially if they are all wrapped up in tight blue jeans and long blond hair.
"You're in the middle of nowhere!" one said as she scowled and tried to find fault in my business savvy.
She sells baked goods and eggs. Sounded like work to me.
I grinned and said, "Yep, smack dab between ALL the somewhere's within 25 miles and on the main highway to the most popular recreation area in Southwestern Missouri, Stockton Lake. We get heavy traffic. It will be a lucrative corner. It has proven itself in the past on trial runs".
I was not the most popular student. Okay, maybe the professor liked me. They usually do. My peers, on the other hand find me irritating. I am a quirky mix of Mid-life Barbie, Sabrina Valley-girl-style, and Albert Einstein...minus the mustache.
Can you imagine how they would have reacted if I told them I was opening a Metaphysical Flea Market? Makes me shiver at the thought of all that readily available kindling on my farm.
5/10/2006 0:9 AM
word count 319

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home