My Spider is Cooler Than Yours
I was too tired to do anything to celebrate the most important full moon of the year. I'd been waiting all these months and then this job fell into my lap. Need out weighed desire, once again.This morning I looked for the faerie that watched me leave yesterday.How do I know it was a fae? Well, the ethereal baby blue wings and pint sized humanoid features were a give-away. She peeked over the propane tank, and when I saw her, my voyeur slipped off the cold steel cylinder and flew away quickly. It took me a few moments to let the sight sink in. I stared, mouth agape, car idling. I hesitated to leave.I've had many such encounters with the other worldly. Is there some sort of cosmic reason for it or am I just starting to notice what was there all along?I have seen and heard more activity in the last few years than I had witnessed my entire life, and I've had a few intense experiences. So my question is, why now? Could it be that I have pushed myself so long and so hard that I am in a perpetual state of barely here? Everyone experiences it. It's that place between awake and asleep, where borders are fuzzy and the transition itself is a world where faeries play and totem animals impart their wisdom.I am visited by the spider. She is usually to the East of me, watching, as her legs fidget. Once she acknowledges that I see her, she will turn and leave. Sometimes just dropping down behind the clock she was perched on, or simply shimmering into the dimension she came from. She stands guard over me while I slip states. She has more legs than your average spider. It's as if her entire body sprouted legs. They come out of her from all angles. It makes it hard to tell where her attention lies, until she decides to test the boundaries with a dance for my eyes to follow. Once the visual is confirmed, she leaves. She is my guardian, my inspiration and my friend. She has taught me to seek what lies below the surface, to not judge outward appearance until the heart has been tested; to refuse limitation and to create, even if I have to sprout more legs to do it.Not long ago, spiders would have been eradicated in my realm, for fear of a poisonous invader and sheer ignorance. I now find myself fascinated by their industry and more in harmony with their presence, respectfully giving them space to do their duties.
posted by Cerebral Gas @ 7:43 PM
posted by Cerebral Gas @ 7:43 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home