Sammy Kershaw Still Rocks
Two days ago I closed the doors on 102 blistering degrees, humidity high enough to poach eggs, or your eyeballs...in their sockets, if exposed too long. So I patted my best friend on his dirty brown head and told him, "watch the store for me bubba, it's too hot for you to sleep outside. The cats will keep you company. Just don't eat'em, er you'll get hair-balls".
I turned off the open sign and tugged my wagon home. Yeah, a real wagon. Some people carry lunch pales. I drag mine, in an all-terrain wagon in John-Deere-Green. It's a short walk home. Of course this time of year it can seem a long ways when I'm swatting at swarms of mosquitos, and trying to keep all bodily orifices closed while squelching profanities.
It cooled off today. It was weird. But hey, the weather everywhere is weird these days, thanks to modern marvels like Freon, hair-spray, and gas powered motors.
The clouds rolled in like battle-ships. They threatened to rain on Sammy Kershaws parade. Luckily they were gone as fast. The concert was great. It was cool out. I could have used a sweater. El Dorado has the best small town fair, by far. I hate to miss it. So I go, for the free concerts in the park. The bands are great, the park is packed to the gills, yet I manage to park my Divine Curiosity Shop Mobile in the same exact place every year and set up my chair in the same exact place, by the hedge, and the rock wall topped with oddly round rocks. They're common to the area. They look like cannon balls. It's said they are remnants of an extremely ancient meteorite crash. I've never seen them anywhere else. Kind of like the Shiva Lingam, only a lot less holy. In fact, so not holy, that they use them to build walls, lamp posts and walk ways. I like them. I have one on a crystal ball stand in my collection of spheres.
The drive home was uneventful. A couple deer, a bewildered racoon and one very dead and stinking white skunk that I managed to straddle,; other than that, it was a lonely country drive. I really need to get that radio fixed, but I don't dare let anyone touch that vintage machine. So, I guess if I want tunes, I'd better sell my old Fairlane and buy that small pick-up that I really need. I hate to part with it on the one hand, and on the other...I really miss power stearing, automatic transmissions, music, and most of all...air conditioning.
FOR SALE: 1964 FORD FAIRLANE,
170, 3 ON THE TREE, 76,000 ACTUAL
MILES, ALL ORIGINAL....and NO,
you can't have my Sponge Bob floor matts!
$4,500 or trade (no junk please. unless you
WANT to make me laugh, then by all means,
entertain me. The answer will still be NO).
hogwaller@interlinc.net or
call the Shop at (417)884-0003
open 10-6 (mid-western time) Tue-Sun
7/22/2006 1:17 AM
word count 494
I turned off the open sign and tugged my wagon home. Yeah, a real wagon. Some people carry lunch pales. I drag mine, in an all-terrain wagon in John-Deere-Green. It's a short walk home. Of course this time of year it can seem a long ways when I'm swatting at swarms of mosquitos, and trying to keep all bodily orifices closed while squelching profanities.
It cooled off today. It was weird. But hey, the weather everywhere is weird these days, thanks to modern marvels like Freon, hair-spray, and gas powered motors.
The clouds rolled in like battle-ships. They threatened to rain on Sammy Kershaws parade. Luckily they were gone as fast. The concert was great. It was cool out. I could have used a sweater. El Dorado has the best small town fair, by far. I hate to miss it. So I go, for the free concerts in the park. The bands are great, the park is packed to the gills, yet I manage to park my Divine Curiosity Shop Mobile in the same exact place every year and set up my chair in the same exact place, by the hedge, and the rock wall topped with oddly round rocks. They're common to the area. They look like cannon balls. It's said they are remnants of an extremely ancient meteorite crash. I've never seen them anywhere else. Kind of like the Shiva Lingam, only a lot less holy. In fact, so not holy, that they use them to build walls, lamp posts and walk ways. I like them. I have one on a crystal ball stand in my collection of spheres.
The drive home was uneventful. A couple deer, a bewildered racoon and one very dead and stinking white skunk that I managed to straddle,; other than that, it was a lonely country drive. I really need to get that radio fixed, but I don't dare let anyone touch that vintage machine. So, I guess if I want tunes, I'd better sell my old Fairlane and buy that small pick-up that I really need. I hate to part with it on the one hand, and on the other...I really miss power stearing, automatic transmissions, music, and most of all...air conditioning.
FOR SALE: 1964 FORD FAIRLANE,
170, 3 ON THE TREE, 76,000 ACTUAL
MILES, ALL ORIGINAL....and NO,
you can't have my Sponge Bob floor matts!
$4,500 or trade (no junk please. unless you
WANT to make me laugh, then by all means,
entertain me. The answer will still be NO).
hogwaller@interlinc.net or
call the Shop at (417)884-0003
open 10-6 (mid-western time) Tue-Sun
7/22/2006 1:17 AM
word count 494

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home