Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Aqua Lungs second Cousin and the Orange Pot

My mission, as I chose to accept it, was to retrieve a Noritake Pot from a flea market on 54 highway, there was the stall number, 12 involved, the color orange,and the particular day I was to go, and something ending with ...more is in a pot.

Nothing like cryptic messages from beyond to get to the roots of my hair color. Had I not been doing a lot of coughing, wheezing, fidgeting and sneezing while receiving the information, I may have had a little more to go on. Thus are the tribulations of divining by pendulum during the cold and flu season.

No, I'm not Aqua Lungs second cousin. I just have a very bad cold/flu/sinus infection/bronchial congestion....revelation...OH MY GOSH, I MUST BE!!!

My John was even the supportive, although very curious, helper. He took me on my mission so I wouldn't have to worry about keeping my eyes pealed on the road while going into convulsions and I could focus more on solving the puzzle.

I went, I searched, I looked, I saw, I left, empty-handed. I couldn't help but think out loud, I must've missed something or gotten something wrong. And the missing information, why couldn't I remember it? I had to of heard it subconsciously while spewing germs across the room! That's it, I'm dying my hair a darker shade!

I should have brushed up on potters marks before the adventure. I really had no clue what to look for. I was so excited about being asked to do such a thing that I ran off completely unprepared expecting Noritake to be printed in large orange print on a big sign pointing to it. I dumb-assed myself.

Well, I came home disappointed and perplexed. I kept milling over all the words and wondered if I'd gotten them jumbled...or something. Then I started browsing information this evening and the light went on. I had picked up the pot, looked at it and it's counter-parts and set them back down and walked away. They were even orange. I guess things like this are why it says "Do not operate heavy machinery while taking this medication" right on the label of my prescribed cure.

All I can think about is how someone dear to me reached across dimensions with all his energy and asked me to do one little thing and I screwed it up. I'm not an only child, so he didn't have to trust me with such a special errand, but he did. Is it because my Mother has been doing the very same thing for him, for me? Yeah, could be. She keeps unearthing things that he wanted me to have, like an Effie C. Zuni necklace he'd bought me and never had the opportunity to give me, for a very good reason...he died. Yet, two years later, what came by snail mail? Talk about s...n...a...i...l.....m...a....i....l.So, it appears that tomorrow I will be going on the very same errand, only this time I will actually buy the orange pot and will probably have to drive myself so I won't triple up on the old cough syrup.This page will self destruct in five seconds...

word count 518
2/27/2005 10:28 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home