Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fairy Kisses

The veil between worlds thins by the day. The Pagan New Year is at hand. The house bustles with unseen activity. Little people step through the portholes of my peripheral and scurry out of sight leaving things swinging in their wake. Testimony to the truth. I hadn’t counted on their penchant for play when I crawled into my bed on this Sabbat. Little things went bump in the dark. The bed moved under their feet as one climbed my chest and kissed my lips. I smiled and said thank you, before drifting off. A few moments later I felt the blankets rise a bit at my side and tiny hands and lips caress my hand before sinking teeth into it. I barked out my protest and assured the culprit that the gesture was not at all funny. Mischievous little loves.I wonder who else will be nosing about my room while I try to get some sleep.I was visited by ghostly cats that leapt to my mattress and purred their hello the night before.I’m learning to find comfort in my ability to straddle both domains. A thought that provoked uneasiness not long ago. Not everything unexplainable should be feared. When embraced, it brings a person great comfort. I know there is a life altering initiation being performed and I am honored. I humbly offer up my services to the powers for good and pray that I do not let them down.I’ve been lonely for so long and welcome the respite from the stillness that has swallowed my soul.
I now know the answer to the riddle:

One must know the depths, to truly appreciate the heights.

There is meaning in all things and I am content knowing that even the most painful experiences were to prepare me for complete elation, so, for them I am thankful.Now, if they’d just let me get some shut eye!

10/21/2005 9:36 PM
word count 315

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home